Praca: C Embedded Software Developer
Our Nokia Networks business is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Nokia Krakow R&D Center hires dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate people who want to join Nokia R&D family in Poland and work on projects extending 4G and creating 5G telecommunication technologies based on the latest hardware platforms. Apply and be a part of the community which defines the future!
As a SW Engineer, you will be part of an agile development team which is responsible for specifying, planning, implementing and delivering high quality, best in class, software for Base Stations. You will be solving complex engineering problems in your own technology areas. Your background and areas of interest will be considered when defining your main tasks and responsibility areas.
Daily tasks and duties will include: requirements analysis, software design, implementation of new functionalities and testing activities related to Linux distribution running on Nokia Base Stations. You will also contribute to writing specifications and creating documentation for relevant part of the software. Other key tasks will include code re-factoring and optimization, code maintenance, and fault corrections. You will contribute to effort estimation in your own area. As a Platform SW team member, you will share knowledge, consult, support and guide both Platform teams as well as application SW teams. To succeed in this role, you need to be an open-minded professional with good organization skills, strong commitment to quality and a flair for innovative thinking.
If you also consider yourself as a technical leader, who can coordinate technically a group of developers, dont hesitate to apply for this position.
- C and sometimes C++ language
- ARM/x86 processors
- Continuous Integration systems
- Version control and code review systems
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Technology or equivalent education
- advanced C programming skills (at least 3 years of professional experience)
- experience with Linux Driver development, or knowledge about Linux Network subsystem
- good knowledge of software design principles for embedded Linux platforms
- Python/Bash knowledge is an important advantage
- knowledge of version control software (git/svn)
- strong communication skills and ability to work in international teams
- analytical thinking
- good English command (both written and spoken)
- ready to relocate to Cracow, living in or nearby
- variety of projects in different technologies
- work on our own rapidly evolving products
- possibility to develop your skills in modern solutions
- flexible and friendly working environment
- multicultural team of experts
- open source projects
- own initiatives development
- chance to improve your skills in development
- competitive salary + bonuses depending on achievements
- medical care for you and your family
- flexible working time
- group life insurance
- relocation support
- co-financing of nursery and kindergarten
- sports card, e-tickets, tickets to cinema, theater, opera,
- lunch cards
- and more...