Praca: 5G SW R&D Engineer [rekrutacja online]
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world’s most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
Our Fixed Networks (FN) business group provides an array of “gigabit to the home” solutions to deliver data access to our communication service provider (CSP) customers. This includes Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) as well as 5G fixed wireless access (FWA), xDSL and cable upgrades. We build solutions that don’t stop at the home but also bring that gigabit experience into the home using our meshed Wi-Fi solution.
The Applied R&D Engineer conducts target-oriented research to directly apply findings to the specification, design, further development, and incremental improvement of products, services, systems, tools, processes, etc. Integrates, verifies, tests, and modifies SW / HW / system components and capitalizes on innovative solutions to meet requirements and specifications.
Fixed Networks Professional Services (FN-PS) Business Unit is looking for a R&D SW Developer in SDAN and skilled in network programming and wireless area.
Nokia Software-Defined Access Networks (SDAN) simplify the network in ways that renew your ability to scale while improving agility and keeping costs under control. Virtualization allows operators to automate the network and unlock new capabilities with smart, cloud-native access.
SDAN use software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV) to speed up innovation cycles in a multivendor environment, leverage cost-effective cloud platforms that simplify IT integration, and scale up your ability to program and automate the network. Software-defined access networks give you an optimized next-generation access network.
We are looking for people willing to work in a team that deals with the implementation of Software Defined Network (SDN) solutions in area of Broadband and WiFi.
We are looking for people who are seeking for knowledge and skills in the field of new technologies, wanting to know the latest solutions.
Working on SDN projects allows you to acquire knowledge not only in the field of programming, but also in telecommunication, especially in Broadband area. Working on Home WiFi solution project allows you to acquire knowledge not only in the field of programming, but also in telecommunication, especially in WiFi optimization and IoT area. It also involves working with environments dealing with Open Source software.
Working in our team, you will learn about the latest software solutions used in managing telecommunication and telecom devices.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Obtains knowledge on the Fixed Networks technology domains like SDAN, Home WiFi solution, etc. Professional Services is working typically around use cases to link and leverage the technology domain with the Services Innovations & applications. Examples are GPON E2E Network Build Control Management, G.Fast Implementation, OSS Integration, Fixed Access Network Slicing and Wireless PON Implementation.
- Develops software for SDAN solutions.
Expertise and experience on new Software and Telecommunications application domains/concepts covering:
- Highly experienced in SQL (MariaDB especially),
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Analysis,
- Knowledge of React,
- Experienced in using Django, Django Rest Framework, Pytest
- Knowledge of Docker, Docker-compose
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux programming and administration
- Knowledge in 2G, 3G, 4G Networks
- Understanding of 5G Architecture (NSA & SA)
- Protocol knowledge like SIP, Diameter and SS7
- NetConf protocol and Yang models concept
- XML, XPath
- GitLab CI
- Basic knowledge of Keycloak or similar authorization/authentication service
- Basic knowledge of nginx, celery, elasticsearch, kibana
- Have academic background about Telecommunication or Software Programming.
- Individual Contributor performs day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives.
- Analytical mindset, capable of combining and analyzing information from several different sources.
- Applied agile practices in software development.
- Good in reading documentation (in English)
- Requires ability to communicate with functional leadership regarding team & technical matters.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.